If you want to begin a business for yourself do you know how to get it done? I recommend you begin a business that utilizes the Internet in as many ways as possible. Keeping that in mind let’s take a look at the basic steps to starting an online business anyone can follow to get their online business up and running.
1. Business model. This is essential. You can generate cash on the Internet in several ways.
Included in this are selling products of your own, selling someone else’s products, lead generation, pay per click advertising, and more.
Do not have a service or product? I would suggest you look closely at the internet affiliate marketing model. This will let you start and make money in multiple ways if you don’t have your own product or service to sell.
2. Sign up for a handful of affiliate programs for free. The ones I recommend are Clickbank for digital information, Amazon for physical and digital products, Commission Junction for cost per action marketing programs, and Google Adsense for pay-per-click income.
3. Select a niche. Choose something you’ve got an interest in, are an expert at, or have a passion for. You will find literally countless ways to earn money in niche marketing.
The key when you first start is to love it. This way you’ll want to work at it even if you aren’t making money in the beginning.
4. Purchase a domain name. Name Cheap, Go Daddy, and other domain sites allow you to buy a domain name for your new business for under $15 a year.
Pick one that identifies what your business is about. Try to get a keyword phrase in the domain name that folks search for relating to your business.
For example, if you’re an accountant in Denver choose something such as AccountantInDenver dot com. If you are planning to provide gardening tips choose something like BestGardeningTips dot com. Always opt for the .com, .net, or .org if they’re available.
5. Website Hosting. Blue Host is an excellent place to host your new online business. They’ve got the Fantastico Program so you can use WordPress to develop your website.
This is not hard to do. However, it is possible to outsource this for $5 at Fiverr.com. You can also find individuals to build you a complete site with content at the Warrior Forum.
If you’re building your own site use your WordPress Theme as a static home page. You can add affiliate ad banners for your various products to it and enhance it gradually.
6. Education. Learn how to market online. This can be a very critical step. Up to now you’ve focused on the research and development stage of your new online business.
Now you have to start learning how you are going to drive traffic to your new website. Countless appealing websites have already been set up and never made any money because the Online marketer never discovered a couple of meaningful traffic generation skills.
The end result is if you don’t discover ways to get website visitors you will never make any money. Again this can be something you can pay people to do.
The Warrior Forum is a superb place to learn Internet marketing skills for free. In the internet affiliate marketing business model I suggest you join the Affiliate Power Group and take advantage of their trial offer.
This is a paid membership program that provides you access to professional affiliate marketing coaching. You may also interact with other Internet marketers who are building their online business just like you are.
7. Get to work. Nearly all your time will be spent promoting your new online business. Use paid and free advertising to produce a well rounded marketing mix.
Follow these steps for starting an online business and you will be off to a good start!
Latest posts by Shannon Lavenia (see all)
- You know you love ‘em! - September 1, 2014
- Easy Way to Get Leads For Any Business - March 12, 2014
- DDos Attack Inspires our Move From Aweber to SendReach - March 4, 2014
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!