If you’re going to build a blog, build one using the Thesis Template. It’s by far the best template I’ve seen. I’ve been using this template for a while with my blogs and love how quickly I can modify and change things. I’ve recently seen Andy Jenkins using it as well (If you know good ol’ Andy, you know he won’t use anything but the best…just like me
Yes, there are many beautiful templates, but here’s what I love about Thesis:
- It’s wickedly easy to customize…you can change your fonts, colors, etc. easily, even if you’re a novice.
- It’s search engine friendly which is great for the rankings.
- You can modify the template to include a great media box (that comes pre-installed) or you can take it out.
- This site is built on it, so you can see how user friendly it is.
To customize your Thesis Blog, I recommend going to HowToMakeMyBlog.com - he’s got awesome instructions on how to put a custom banner header, change your menu look, alter colorizations, etc.
A lot of folks ask me about which platform for blogging is the best: Blogger, TypePad, etc. I prefer hosting my own blog using WordPress because I love the flexibility of the customization. But, if you’re looking for something super easy to set up with zero technical know-how, go with Blogger or Posterous. But remember, you can typically hire someone through Elance.com to customize your blog for about $100.00 bucks…which is a great investment in your personal or business branding and you can get a lot more features added.
Latest posts by Shannon Lavenia (see all)
- You know you love ‘em! - September 1, 2014
- Easy Way to Get Leads For Any Business - March 12, 2014
- DDos Attack Inspires our Move From Aweber to SendReach - March 4, 2014
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!